100 Shows Suckers
|100 Shows Suckers|
|Broadcast Date||November 5, 2012|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Tom Merritt, Len Peralta|
Disney buys Lucasfilm, CBS heads to Hulu, Icahn takes more Netflix, Battlestar Galactica prequel, and more.
- 1 Show Segments
- 2 Great Quotes
- 3 Fun Facts
- 4 YouTube
- 5 Links
The Biggest Story of the Year
Another Big Story
Yet Another Big Story
Not even a hurricane can stop Squarespace from keeping your website running in top shape. Go to Squarespace.com for your free two week trail, and use offer code: framerate11 if you decide to keep it for 10% off your first purchase on new accounts. If you sign up for the annual plan subscription you get a free domain name in addition to the 10% discount. Plans start as low as $8/month.
- YouTube encourages users to video their vote. 
- Domino’s aims to eat in to Netflix with its own VOD offering. 
- TV networks use 'craven' tactics against streaming service. 
- XBMC 12 Frodo enters development, beta releases expected mid-November. 
- BBC iPlayer comes to Sky+, Hell reports incoming frost. 
- D-Link DSM-312 MovieNite Plus. 
- Wal-Mart to start selling Boxee TV set-top box. 
Brian is working on a docu-drama taking place just after Hurricane Sandy where Wal*Mart snatches up Boxee in the post-disaster wasteland, and he's using Pond5 to help. Pond5 is the world’s stock media marketplace. If you’re a media maker who needs stock content, go to Pond5 for instant downloads at the best prices anywhere. Check out Pond5 at Pond5.com, and for 25% off this month, use code: twit25.
- Battlestar Galactica prequel being released online Friday. 
- New plot details on Johnny Depp's sci-fi film Transcendence. 
- J.J. Abrams forays into animation with adorable ‘Smurfs’-like Beastlies. 
- Trailer for Alan Moore's first film: "Jimmy's End". 
- LOLWUT? "I Can Has Cheezburger" can has its own TV show. 
- (1) Fr. Robert = $184,774,000
- (2) Brian = $180,639,000
- (3) Justin = $150,677,000
- (4) Tom = $58,700,000
- (5) Scott = $49,664,128
- (6) Sarah = $12,672,556
Lincoln and Skyfall premiere this week.
What We're Watching
- The Walking Dead
- Sons of Anarchy
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- The Walking Dead (game)
- The Walking Dead
- Downton Abbey
- A few viewers (Andre was specifically featured) give their take on historical spoilers.
- A viewer commented on projector technology. 
The Spoiler Zone
This week the boys talk The Walking Dead.
- "The coup de grace is that it's in Wal*Mart. Oh my god, it's horrible! The horror, it's going to be next to the trampolines!" -Tom (40:24)
| Preceded by:
"Not So Simple.TV"
| 100 Shows Suckers
|| Followed by:|
"Eyeballs Flowing To The Internet"