How to Stick a Nail Up Your Nose
|How to Stick a Nail Up Your Nose|
|Broadcast Date||December 11, 2008|
Remember Brian sticking a 4-inch nail up his nose? This time he shows you how it works!
You've asked, you've pleaded.
We've hinted, we've teased.
At long last, we FINALLY reveal how the Human Blockhead stunt works.
We've wanted to teach you ever since Brian performed it at the NYC Live Diggnation event. But to be honest, our biggest problem was finding someone daring enough... intense enough... insane enough to try it.
And then Brian co-hosted the Digg Reel with Andrew Bancroft, and we knew we had our man.
First off, let's be clear: shoving anything up your nose is a bad idea. Nobody should do it except under the supervision of an expert. All of this is for your informational edification only.
And since we've made that clear, here's what it boils down to: you've got two major sets of sinuses in your head: your frontals (above your eyes), and your maxillary sinuses (the big ones that curve down to become your throat). It's possible to push a skinny object (like a nail) into either of them, but the frontal sinuses are a REALLY BAD idea, since there's mere millimeters of soft tissue separating the nail from YOUR BRAIN.
The blockhead's properly performed by inserting the nail into the maxillary sinus, straight back until it touches the back of your throat. Check out this clip from CNN for more proper, "scientific" detail.
Major props to Andrew Bancroft for pulling off this stunt in minutes!
Example of a Domain Smack created by Brian: www.lil-leo-laporte.com
- lil-leo-laporte.com to KevinRose.com (by Brian Brushwood)
- imacheapbastardthatwouldntgivethisdomainnameup.info to Taubin.com (by Taubin)
- www.sexiestmanever.com to a photo of a guy labeled "Mr. Sexy" (by Eric Coss)
- wwwiamonthesexoffenderlist.com to Gaz Man's profile on Bebo (by William Campbell)
- www.notourcontent.com to eBaum's World (by Danny in Houston)
- "What would happen if I gave it one last little push?" -Andrew
- "We would not be friends anymore. That's what would happen." -Brian
- "What was your childhood like?!" -Andrew
- "Whatever, guys. You wanna join our gang?" -Andrew
- "I can breathe much easier. Somebody farted. This guy." -Andrew
- "I like it rough..." -Brian
- "It feels like it's hitting my brain." -Andrew
- "Keep it reel!" -Brian
- "My nose is a pussy. Don't. Edit that phrase out. That sounds awful." -Andrew
Next week, we're going to be doing something pretty special! We're actually be going to learning how to scam our way into the Olympics! It's going to be epic!
- This was Andrew Bancroft's first appearance on Scam School. Some clips from The Digg Reel accompanied his introduction.
- This episode features a second question from the forums. Like the first question in Are You Dead or Alive?, it is also from Hayz.
- This is the first episode to credit Mike Galante as a Creative Consultant.
- Jonathan Pritchard is also credited for the first time since Are You Dead or Alive?. This is the final episode of Scam School in which he is credited.
- Filmed at McTeague's Saloon.
- This is the last episode of Scam School to end with the "Oh my God!" tag and the Revision3 logo on a black background.
| Preceded by:
"A Few Pennies for a Beer!"
| How to Stick a Nail Up Your Nose
|| Followed by:|
"Money, a Short Con and Crime = Short Change"