I Guess I'm Signing Up For Disney+
|I Guess I'm Signing Up For Disney+|
|Broadcast Date||August 26, 2019|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Tom Merritt|
|Guests||Justin Robert Young|
A tidal wave of news from D23. Plus, trailer for the Breaking Bad sequel film, The Matrix is coming back, and a price for AppleTV+? All this and more on Cordkillers! With special guest Justin Robert Young.
- D23 happened last week and we are going to talk about Star Wars in a bit here. We're going to talk about all the Disney + Announcements but overshadowing that
- Spider-man involvement in MCU up in the air
- Disney and Sony say they're still negotiating
- Sources telling Deadline Disney wants a 50-50 cofi stake in anything Feige produces with Sony on Spider-man. Disney currently gets 5% off first dollar gross.
- Disney already owns all spider-man merch.
- Sony says Feige's schedule is the issue.
- Sony has two more Spider-man films planned but Jon Watts is not yet signed to Direct.
- Marvel Announces New Spider-Man Animated Series For Disney Junior Amid Rift With Sony Over Film Franchise
- Disney announced a Spider-man animated TV series for preschoolers on Disney Jr. called Marvel’s Spidey and His Amazing Friends, coming 2021. It features Peter Parker, Miles Morales and Ghost-Spider along with Hulk, Black Panther, Ms. Marvel etc.
- Kit Harrington joins the cast of The Eternals, playing non-Eternal Dane Whitman. Gemma Chan plasy Sersi. Different spelling, different character. The Rider's Chloe Zhao is directing.
- Black Panther II coming May 6 2022. Ryan Coogler directing and writing.
- ‘She-Hulk’, ‘Moon Knight’ & ‘Ms. Marvel’ Live-Action Series In Development For Disney+ Ms. Marvel will also be in the MCU.
- Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur coming to Disney Channel from Laurence Fishburne and Helen Sugland’s Cinema Gypsy Productions
- Live action Lady and the Tramp coming straight to Disney+ at launch November 12.
- Noelle starring Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader debuting on Disney+ November 12, with Kendrick as Noelle Kringle.
- A short-form unscripted series Muppets Now set for Disney+ in 2020.
- Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe coming to Disney+
- Disney+ will give subscribers four simultaneous streams and free 4K
- OK we'll talk about the Mandalorian and Kenobi series next but all of this Disney + content will cost you 6.99 a month. And Disney announced that price will include 4 simultaneous 4K streams with up to 7 profiles for family members.
- That won't apply across the bundle of Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu for $12.99 which will only give two ESPN+ streams and one Hulu stream.
How to Watch
- Trailer out for Mandalorian. Ming-na Wen in the series as well. The Mandalorian also stars Pedro Pascal along with Gina Carano, Giancarlo Esposito, Emily Swallow, Carl Weathers, Omid Abtahi, Werner Herzog and Nick Nolte.
- Ming-Na Wen Joins Cast Of ‘The Mandalorian’, Securing Disney Franchise Trifecta
- Ewan McGregor confirmed he will play Obi-Wan Kenobi in a Disney Plus series. All scripts written and ready to start shooting next year.
- Clone Wars will return to Disney+ in February.
- The Rise of Skywalker trailer was played at D23 and released to the public Monday. It shows Rey wielding a version of a double-bladed red light saber.
- J.J. Abrams Shares Personal Story About Carrie Fisher’s Final ‘Star Wars’ Performance During D23
- “The character of Leia is really, in a way, the heart of this story. When we were talking about this story we realized we could not possibly tell the end of these nine films without Leia.” - JJ Abrams
What to Watch
- ‘Breaking Bad’ Movie Starring Aaron Paul Gets Title, Teaser & Premiere Date On Netflix; Plot Details Revealed
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie teaser for Netflix debut October 11. In the wake of Jesse’s dramatic escape from captivity. He must come to terms with his past in order to forge some kind of future. Starring Aaron Paul and....?
- Warner Brothers is working on a new Matrix movie starring Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Ann Moss produced, directed and co-written by Lana Wachowski.
- The Third Season of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is out for its return to Prime Video December 6.
- Oh and trailer for Dickinson coming to Apple TV+ this autumn. It's a half hour comedy starring Hailee Steinfeld as the poet Emily Dickinson.
- Brian: Righteous Gemstones
- Tom: Alita Battle Angel, The Bill Murray Stories: Life Lessons Learned from a Mythical Man, Vice, Tolkien
- Justin: Righteous Gemstones
- On the Lookout: TBS's Claws on Hulu
- Apple TV Plus will cost $9.99 a month when it launches in November, according to Bloomberg's sources. The Financial Times' sources also say Apple has increased how much it will spend on programming from the original $1 billion to $6 billion. Bloomberg reports that Apple is spending $300 million on just the first two seasons of The Morning Show. Apple of course has not announced any of this.
- Netflix is testing a feature called "Collections for its iOS app. These are created by people on the Netflix creative teams and based on genre, tone, story line, character traits etc, not on your viewing habits. Examples are “Let’s Keep It Light,” “Dark & Devious TV Shows,” “Prizewinning Movie Picks,” “Watch, Gasp, Repeat,” “Women Who Rule the Screen.”
- This is one of those, so you can know for sure stories, but Disney has officially closed its sale of the Fox Sports regional networks to Sinclair Broadcast Group. So Fox Sports Ohio, Fox Sports West etc. The one exception is the YES Network, which broadcasts Yankees and Nets games, which is jointly owned now by Amazon, private equity investors and Sinclair. Sinclair will also form a new RSN with the Chicago Cubs to launch in 2020.
- Starting September 24, all YouTube original series, movies and live events will be released free with ads as well as continuing to be on YouTube Premium without ads.
- YouTube TV Adds Subscription Options for AMC Networks’ Acorn TV, UMC
- In channel addition news, YouTube TV will now let you add on Acorn TV for $6 and Urban Movie Channel for $5.
- And Sony's PS Vue is adding the NHL network and ACC Network in its Core and above packages.
Dispatches From The Front
I ran across this on Twitter and thought it might be a good resource for the CordKillers community.
Hello Cord Killers,
The reason the FCC is so careful with the emergency alert tone is because the emergency alert system is designed to be triggered by its broadcast. The tone acts as a switch which propagates the alert across a broadcast area. “Daisy chains" form when one station receives a message from multiple other stations and the station then forwards that message to multiple other stations. This process creates many redundant paths through which the message may flow increasing the likelihood that the message will be received by all participants and adding to the survivability of the system.
During the October 24, 2014 episode of Bobby Bones' nationally-syndicated radio show, Bones played audio from the 2011 national test as part of a rant about a genuine test from Nashville's Fox affiliate, WZTV, that interrupted Game 2 of the 2014 World Series on October 22. The errant Emergency Action Notification was relayed to some broadcasters and cable systems—particularly those not configured to reject EAN messages that did not match the current date. Hope this clarifies things.
My best friend has shared her Netflix password with me since before Netflix had the option to have profiles. Then I got her hooked on Star Trek Discovery when I'd acquired season one. I decided I liked Discovery enough to actually pay for CBS all access. I looked up their terms of service and found I could have up to three simultaneous streams I decided to sign up and share my login info with my friend as a thank you for letting me use her Netflix. A neighbor was interested in Discovery as well so I shared my login with her and she shared her Hulu with me. I can't justify paying for three services but I can pay for one in exchange for the additional two. Yes at some point I'll put CBS on pause but at the same time, I don't mind paying for it right now.
- 2019 Summer Movie Draft
| Preceded by:
"CBS Eyes Viacom"
| I Guess I'm Signing Up For Disney+
|| Followed by:|