Live From Los Angeles 2018
|Live From Los Angeles 2018|
|Broadcast Date||September 27, 2018|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Justin Robert Young|
|Guests||Anthony Carboni, Tom Merritt, Andrew Mayne|
Guests Tom Merritt, Andrew Mayne, and Anthony Carboni join us to talk early, early, incredibly early internet experiences. And yes, that means porn too. Plus, Don't Get Brodied!
And don't miss the boys live at Scoopfest Vegas (Oct 12-14) and TwitchCon (Oct 26-28)
It's the Best of the Worst of the Internet
From the Westside Comedy Theater somewhere in Los Angeles (Santa Monica), California, it's a live Night Attack.
In the lead-up to the show, Brian did what Brian does - go to a bar and quietly play Hearthstone. This time he got recognized by someone with a BB lighter, who also quietly respected Brian's space.
The show, being branded "The best of the worst of the internet" revolved around Brian and Justin and guests reminiscing about the early internet, and a game of Don't Get Brody'd where people were encouraged to tell their early internet stories.
Some choice stories from the hosts:
- Tom Merritt used to have a subscription to Popular Computing but when it shut down and it got transferred to Byte. "It was six times as thick!"
- Justin's AIM was "MrFunk02" because "MrFunk" was taken, and Justin attempted to recruit all the other "funk" names into The Funk Team and was unsuccessful at getting a single one.
- Brian was into BBS systems, and by BBS he means downloading porn. Including a slowly-loading picture of a naked woman... shitting into a man's mouth. "Welcome to the internet"
- Anthony Carboni executed an extensive heist-level scam to get added to an "adults only" BBS which ended with the woman who interviewed him on the phone for proof of "adultness" (read: being a librarian because that's what adults do), engaging in a text cyber.sex session.
- Andrew Mayne had a collection of ascii-art porn he attempted to print out.
- iTricks.com, the internet's biggest daily magic web site, run by Justin and Andrew, used to be a domain for a gay porn site. Justin found this out while wearing an itricks shirt going through airport security and finding an itricks fan.
Please Do Not Get Brody'd
It's Don't Get Brody'd - internet story edition. Brody's included:
- Cyberbullying before cyberbullying was a thing.
- Memorizing a wikipedia article (Brody'd twice)
- Getting caught by dad while masturbating to japanese art with headphones on, listening to Rush.
- Designing a login page for a porn site. Not a normal porn site. It featured girls swallowing things, like goldfish.
- Hoarding porn from Prodigy and Usenet, and breaking one's 10-year old cousin with bestiality.
- "I always thought of funk as bringing people together. This is a disappointing story" - Anthony Carboni
- "If you keep doing that, you're going to hurt yourself" - probably everyone's dad.
- "That was Night Attack, everybody!" - Anthony Carboni, upon finding out the story is about bestiality.
- "For one second, I was the Zuckerberg of gay dating" - Justin
- There was a Diamond Club light up sign on the table which looked suspiciously by the ones made by Biocow. Biocow also participated in the Don't get Brody'd segment.
- Justin's Geocities website was called "The Land of Wind and Ghosts" which is taken from the Simpson's episode about Mr. Sparkle.
- Never let Homeless Chet crash at your place.
Preshow & Aftershow
Since Night Attack is directly funded by the viewers, the preshow and aftershow videos are available to Patrons of the show ASAP and freely available 48h after release. If you're not yet a Patron of the show, then go to Patreon.com/NightAttack and pledge ANY amount!
| Preceded by:
"What'd I Miss?"
| Live From Los Angeles 2018
|| Followed by:|
"Feet Lotion Microbe Bone"