Machine Learning Doggies
|Machine Learning Doggies|
|Broadcast Date||OCTOBER 9, 2016|
|Guests||Justin Gibson, James Croft|
Russian Hackers, Hangouts Demoted, And Automated Checkout Cops.
- The Obama administration on Friday formally accused the Russian government of stealing and disclosing emails from the Democratic National Committee and a range of other institutions and prominent individuals, immediately raising the issue of whether President Obama would seek sanctions or other retaliation.
- When the GOP turned on Trump, they announced it on Twitter
- Google is demoting Hangouts to "optional" in the Google Apps package for Android, to be replaced by Duo
- In an email sent to Google Mobile Services partners on October 5th, Google outlined a significant change to the core GMS package (AKA gapps) for telephony-enabled Android devices (basically, smartphones). As of December 1st, Google will no longer require Hangouts to be bundled with new hardware. An excerpt of that email follows.
- The Australian had an article this week on data analysis and machine learning that may have contributed to the Western Bulldogs win over the Sydney Swans in this years AFL Grand Final.
- New South Wales Police will be cracking down on supermarket security at self-service checkouts, saying plain-clothes officers will be watching customers. Detective Superintendent Murray Chapman said officers will be running a number of covert operations involving closed circuit camera filming, local police and loss prevention officers in plain clothes.
- At the beginning of the show: AirPods Review
- Pixel, Phone by Google – Made by Google
- Google Pixel Upends the Android Universe
Pick of the Day
- Submitted by Peter
- Touch screens on laptops
- I got a refurb Dell Inspiron this week.
- Submitted by Justin
- DJI turning robotics engineers into sporting celebrities.
- Submitted by James
| Preceded by:
"NSA Say – Yahoo Do"
| Machine Learning Doggies
|| Followed by:|
"The French Connect Things"