Making a Vieux Carre
|Making a Vieux Carre|
|Broadcast Date||August 18, 2016|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Jason Murphy|
Brian and Jason can barely say "vieux carre," much less make one, so Trever is back to walk them through it.
To make a vieux carre, what you'll need to do is:
- chill your glass
- pour an ounce of rye whiskey into a yarai mixing glass
- pour an ounce of sweet vermouth into the yarai
- pour an ounce of cognac into the yarai
- add 2 dashes of aromatic angostura bitters
- add 2 dashes of aromatic peychaud's bitters
- add large ice to the yarai and stir
- empty your now chilled glass
- strain the drink into your chilled glass
- add a bar spoon of bénédictine
- garnish with a lemon swath
| Preceded by:
"Does Booze Really Catch Fire? (Answer: It Depends.)"
| Making a Vieux Carre
|| Followed by:|
"The Most Notorious TV Hijack of All Time"