News from You
|News from You|
|Broadcast Date||JANUARY 16, 2014|
Tom’s on assignment for Sword & Laser, but he’s got a great fill-in host…you! Also: Darren Kitchen of Hak5 files a report en route to ShmooCon 2014.
- Spotify drops free web listening time limit
- Facebook adds trending topics
- Starbucks storing mobile passwords in clear text
News From You
- [Rich From Cleveland kicks off News From You with thoughts on the 4k TV’s coming out of CES.
- Dominique Corriveaux has some ideas about on 4k TV prices.
- Stephenater on wearable tech and whether it will translate beyond the ‘tech-o chamber’.
- Anthony From Long Island on issues with the Fitbit Force.
- Paul Kitchen on future IPv6 concerns.
- Nathan Lock with updates from the UK tech scene on changes to Humax for Freesat, and the death of O2′s Wallet.
- TJoe reports on Android on Atom.
- Randall Bennett from Vidpresso on apps vs desktop platforms.
- Toby Pinder on quantum bitcoin mining.
- Google’s acquisition of Nest is still on your collective mind:
- DJ has long-term concerns about Google’s track record of shutting down ‘unused’ services.
- A listener from Edmonton has thoughts about Nest and Google’s customer service track records.
- Nicole Lee of Engadget sends her take on the Google/Nest pairing.
- In fact, Google in general is occupying your collective thoughts:
- Richardya on Google’s methods of acquiring new users.
- Scott Johnson of FrogPants Studios and Current Geek has some predictions on Google’s future.
- Adam Christianson from the Maccast has some final thoughts on Google, including that that one we’re all thinking…you know, the one it might be time to worry about?
- Molly Wood has a special message for Tom. And check out the Net Neutrality BOL Double Rant Blast from the Past.
- And finally, Patrick Beja checks in from France with a tech thought worth pondering about hackers
| Preceded by:
"Encrypt all the things"
| News from You
|| Followed by:|
"News From You 2"