Oh Hi, $45
|Oh Hi, $45|
|Broadcast Date||Auguust 08, 2019|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Justin Robert Young|
Con season is among us--Brian and Justin are going to DEF CON and then Jurbs is at Dragon*Con being a boss. A new game about Cameo: Cameo or Came-Uh-Oh. Plus, your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org! *slide whistle noise*
The Great Con Season
Justin has been at, and will be going to, many conventions this month. Next up he's going to DEF CON to work the Hak5 booth with Darren Kitchen. This is Justin's first trip to DEF CON.
Justin gave two talks at GenCon. After one of the talks an audience member approached him and revealed that he didn't realize Justin would be at GenCon, and also that he had written NFSW-Show era Justin into a "Creepypasta Role Playing Game" (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/153214/CreepyPasta-the-RolePlaying-Game) he had made as an SCP security guard (http://www.scp-wiki.net/).
Don't forget OOB Fest, https://oobfest.com/schedule Tuesday Aug 27th 2019. Get your tickets they're only ten bucks.
Andrew Mayne Do Do De Do De Do
Friend of the show Andrew Mayne's shark week special "Ghost Diver" aired on Discovery. Brian was at a family reunion and turned on the tv to watch it during the reunion because he said he would. Something worked because the special was the highest rated show that night or something.
Support the Show
Two ways to support the show. You can pledge on patreon at https://patreon.com/nightattack. You'll get the preshow and postshow in a custom RSS feed for your podcast player. Also you might get your name shouted out in the Name Chant Corner Hour like CARTER HOWARD.
You can subscribe to Night Attack on twitch at https://twitch.tv/nightattack. During the twitch sub n' bitz minute you can get your bit donation weaved into an unrelated story.
This episodes the THE BIT BOSS was TOMADONNA.
Show producer Bryce Neshcom Castillo came up with this game. Cameo is a website that let's "celebrities" make varying amounts of cash recording short messages for people. The game is easy, given a celebrity, how much do they cost? Astute viewers may remember Cameo was discussed back in The Equine Clam Party. It's Brian and Justin together against the house.
As an example, they looked at NFL star Antonio Brown read through some stilted copy for which he made $500. Brian would like to make $500.
Two-Digit Price Celebrities, guess within $5 :
- David Hayter. They guessed $94, The real price was $75.
- Greg Sestero. They guessed $45, the real price was $45!
- Richard Brake. They guessed $25, the real price was $50.
- Andy Dick. They guessed $85, the real price was $99.
- Ross Mullan. They guessed $45, the real price was $30.
Three-Digit Celebrities, guess within $50:
- Ron Jeremy. They guessed $249, the real price was $200.
- Gilbert Gottfried. They guessed $751, The real price was $150.
- Pauly Shore. They guessed $250, the real price was $150.
- Vladimir Furdik. They guessed $149, the real price was $100.
- Criss Angel. They guessed $999, the real price was $1000. Criss Angel is the second-most expensive person on cameo.
- mattjawad has a video from VidCon http://bit.ly/VidConVirus2019
- Scyne shows his desk at work https://youtu.be/Z0Joa5xZ_Vc
- Discsoftron shows a video https://youtu.be/99-4K0ApMjo
- vampireanarchy says OMGChad is doing a 24 hour stream August 16th 2019 at 8pm ET. https://www.twitch.tv/omgchad
Sword and Laser is in first place. See it all at http://draft.diamondclub.tv
Is VidCon still youtube-centric? (A lot of vague praise for TikTok and discussion of others like twitter video, but a lot about Youtube). Christ is not Jesus' surname, does the "H" in Jesus H Christ stand for Houdini. (Justin never thought about the fact that Christ wasn't Jesus' last name). What do you think of Con vendors selling copyrighted material? (It's kinda weird to be big enough to have people bootlegging your stuff, see how much trouble you can get into before you start selling stuff. Brian bought a bunch of counterfeit bills to give out at DEF CON.)
- "I would like to make $500" - Brian
- "This game makes me think we could automate Night Attack" - Justin
- "Greatest value on all of cameo, are you fucking high" - Brian, regarding Gilbert Gottfried
- Turns out you can play Gilbert Gottfried's audio over any cameo and it still works.
Preshow & Aftershow
Since Night Attack is directly funded by the viewers, the preshow and aftershow videos are available to Patrons of the show ASAP and freely available 48h after release. If you're not yet a Patron of the show, then go to Patreon.com/NightAttack and pledge ANY amount!
| Preceded by:
"A Very Special Not-Episode"
| Oh Hi, $45
|| Followed by:|