Rise of the Chaos Monkeys
|Rise of the Chaos Monkeys|
|Broadcast Date||September 15, 2014|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Tom Merritt|
We may actually have Internet-delivered TV by mid-2015 but we get a little more excited by Netflix’s chaos monkeys.
- Andrew Zarian
- Verizon CEO says OnCue will launch by mid-2015
- Verizon's internet TV service coming in mid-2015, may let you pick only channels you want
- Verizon CEO Lowell MCAdam: Launch by Mid-2015. Big 4 broadcasters, “custom channels” like AwesomenessTV (Goldman Sachs Communacopia conference) "Everyone understands it will go to a la carte," "Over the last six months to a year that dialogue has changed dramatically."
- Sony online TV service to carry 22 Viacom channels
- Dish’s internet TV service likely to be called Nutv
- Dish filing trademarks for “NuTV” (The Android app for DishWorld, the company’s existing online video subscription service for international and foreign-language TV networks, already uses Nutv as its app ID on Google’s Play store.)
- Netflix Instasearch on Web. Instant matches with cover art.
- Netflix launched in France today. (No House of Cards, that’s on Canal+). Based in Luxembourg to get around 40% rule. Still can’t put movies on newer than 3 years old.
- $150 M1 WiFi
- SlingTV ($300) replaces Slingbox 500
- Retooled UI coming to 500 as well
- Gallery feature, which is an overlay on your actual TV, showing you what’s on in a more visual manner
- Browse current sports scores—and see them ranked by recommended viewer interest via sports website Thuuz
- Rotten Tomatoes scores and icons in the movie listings
- Jeff Bewkes at Goldman Sachs conference said: "The broadband-only opportunity up until now wasn't at the point where it would be smart to move the focus from one to the other.
- Now the broadband opportunity is quite a bit bigger." Bewkes said the company is "seriously considering what is the best way to deal with online distribution." HBO GO also was added to older European set-top boxes in 14 regions by using cloud virtualization from ActiveVideo.
- HBO is bringing HBO Go to legacy set-top boxes in Europe
- Amazon Prime Instant video finally available on Android Phones phones in US, UK and Germany through the Amazon app.
- All you have to do is install the Amazon shopping app, then use the in-app tools to download and install the Amazon Instant Video player app from the Amazon app store. Of course that means you need to enable the sitting that allows you to install apps from unknown sources.
- ESPN’s John Skipper at Code/Media New York said the network is considering selling some sports programming over the Web directly to consumers, just like Netflix does.
- The Wall Street Journal says Facebook is approaching some of YouTube’s top stars to convince them to distribute video on Facebook.
- Facebook now allows users to upload videos directly to its site. This enables the site to sell ads with the videos, the report said.
- A June study by Frank N. Magid Associates found that just 2.9 percent of US pay-TV consumers are "very likely" to cancel their service in the year ahead.
- But that's up from 2.7 percent last year and 2.2 percent two years earlier.
- That means MUBI only ever has 30 movies. It costs $5 a month or $35 a year. IN addition to the PS3 you can access MUBI on iOS, Android tablets, Sony Bravia TVs and the Web.
- MakerBot, Formlabs, Stratasys and 3D Systems are all included, as is Cody Wilson, who released plans for printing guns last year.
- If that name doesn't sound familiar, perhaps one of his most prominent works does: Jiro Dreams of Sushi. The show, Netflix says, debuts next year and will focus on half-a-dozen international chefs
- Maze Runner, Terry Gilliam's The Zero Theorem
- Brian: The Leftovers, also intro'd Penny to the marvel cinematic universe: watched Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Avengers all in a row (3 as amazon rentals, 1 on netflix), Edge of Tomorrow
- Tom: The Shield (Ep. 304) Doctor Who, Lots of things in Italian
- Andrew: Trailer Park Boys
Dispatches From The Front
- First of all wanted to say that I LOVE THE SHOW and that i finally started watching Breaking Bad, I'm on season 3 and even though i heard almost all the spoiler zone episodes related to the show i dont feel it has ruined my experience.
- I also wanted to share with you the fact that i got 416th place in the Summer Movie Draft and I'm really proud of that cause last year I was in the 500 range. Pertaining to the draft is there any way to find the results of previous drafts I kind of want to see my progress through the past years.
- Keep up the great work.
- Alejandro Guadalajara Mexico
- Now that Bezos owns the Washington Post, how long until a live anchored, online WashPo news service appears on TWITCH to compete with the cable news networks?
- Also, the Tivo Roamio may be cheap hardware, but they still want $15 a month for the guide. That's $230 for the first year, $180 thereafter. For that money I'd buy the ChannelMaster OTA DVR and pay no monthly fee.
- One of your bosses here who just upped his pledge. Just wondering if you guys would put a Donate section on the website so people could donate via PayPal or Bitcoin. I like Patreon and all but sometimes I just feel a need to donate money to stuff that I like. And Cordkillers definitely falls into that category. I see Daily Tech News Show now has a donations page and I plan to use it. Just want Cordkillers to jump on board too.
- Cheers guys. Love the show.
- Another summer has come and gone. And while fewer and fewer of us are enjoying these warm months (or cold if you live in the southern hemisphere) at the movies, I walk away from this season with a question. How in the hell did a flying turd on a stick like “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” end up being the number one movie in the draft? Sure you can explain the math to me all day long, but there is no reason that Michael Bay’s passively racist abomination should be the draft leader. Not only should a just and loving God have denied such an occurrence, but the way the movie draft is set up needs to be drastically changed.
- Made $137,224,768 more than the winning host team,
- Dog House Systems Cordkiller box
| Preceded by:
| Rise of the Chaos Monkeys
|| Followed by:|