South by Southwest (SXSW) is a set of interactive, film, and music festivals and conferences that take place every spring in Austin, Texas. SXSW first began in 1987 and is centered on the downtown Austin Convention Center. Each of the three parts runs relatively independently, with different start and end dates.
In 1994, SXSW added film and interactive conferences. SXSW Film has become one of the world's premiere film festivals, focusing on new directing talent. Similarly, SXSW Interactive has attracted a strong following among web creators and entrepreneurs. SXSW Interactive's focus on emerging technology has earned the festival a reputation as a breeding ground for new ideas and creative technologies.
Glenn McElhose put together this montage of SXSW 2010:
- Brian Live and Direct from Austin and SXSW
- Learn how to eat some balls of fire!
- Watch Cali Lewis, Tony Hsieh and Jay Adelson get scammed!
- Scam your way into anything! (Brian's SXSW panel part 1)
- Scam your way into anything panel (part 2), plus bonus Q and A!