Slower and Creepier
|Slower and Creepier|
|Broadcast Date||June 21, 2011|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Justin Robert Young|
|Guests||Rhett and Link, Old John Smokey|
View all of the edited commercials here.
Go to Squarespace.com and use the offer code "NSFW6" for a 14-day free trial and 30% your first 3 months once you order.
Go to Netflix.com/TWiT for a 1 month free trial.
Summer Music Series
The master of the Spoons, Old John Smokey came on to perform. Unfortunately, NSFW had a hard-out, so his performance got cancelled. They cut to him on Skype to apologize, but he just threw down his spoons in disgust.
New Champion! Woo!
- Not Old John Smokey, who was bumped.
- "... the, the awesome!" - Justin at 11:54
- "brum brum brum brum..." - Brian at [https://youtu.be/4IYN52HMBv8?t=751 12:31
- "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!" -Old John Smokey on Twitter after being bumped
- The episode was the origin of the phrase "the, the awesome!" and is possibly the origin of the "brum brum".
- Brian was broadcasting from Patrick Delahanty's studio where he records AnimeCons TV (without the Flubber banner).
- Internet connectivity issues can be blamed on Comcast.
- While pulling out random items to use as potential props for any commercials, Patrick pulled out a Flubber banner. Upon seeing it, Brian asked for it to be hung behind him for the show. The Frame Rate episode filmed earlier shows the backdrop without Flubber.
- Enough people were accusing Tom Merritt of being Old John Smokey that he called in later to find out what was going on.
- True gumshoes may also have noticed that Old John Smokey was able to post to Twitter the following weekend while Tom was flying to Canada on a wifi-less flight.
Links & Downloads
| Preceded by:
"Full Frontal Anonymity"
| Slower and Creepier
|| Followed by:|
"Steamed Mayne Special"