|Broadcast Date||February 29, 2012|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Justin Robert Young|
This week the guys are joined by sound designer extraordinaire, Rob Krekel, with whom they play Name that Game and construct some of their own sounds.
Name that Game
This game is not at all similar to an old game show that had to do with "tunes". Brian and Rob will be given the genre and year of a video game's release and they will have to bid on how few seconds they need to be able to guess it.
1. 1987- Action side-scroller
- Brian- 4 seconds
- Megaman- Wrong
- Contra- Correct
2. 1992- Racing
- Brian- 4 seconds
- Mario Kart- Correct
3. 2001- First Person Shooter
- Brian- 6 seconds
- Call of Duty- Correct
4. 1998- Real Time Strategy
- Rob- 12 seconds
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert- Wrong
- Brian- Microsoft's Close Combat- Wrong
- Correct Answer- Army men
5. 1984- Shooter
- Brian- 2 seconds
- Duck Hunt- Correct
- Brian wins 3-2!
Go to Netflix.com/TWiT for a 1 month free trial.
Professional Sound Design
Rob makes a living putting sound effects into video games so Brian and Justin got suggestions from the Chatrealm on sound effects and Rob gave them direction. The sounds included Brian getting a TSA pat-down and the sound of a Terry pile hitting the ground.
- "Those damn Monkees stole my TV!" -Justin (Pre-show)
- "My dander's in a twist" -Everyone
- "What a dirty chore these hassles are!" -Brian
- "I once heard a rumor that hot dogs are made of hassles." -Brian
- "If you want to compliment my Tiny Tim, that's fine." -Brian
- Due to technical difficulties with Rob's internet, the show started a full hour late.
- In the aftershow, a medicated JammerB said ",." in the chatroom which started a ",." craze.
- ,. is just <> without holding "shift"
Links & Downloads
| Preceded by:
"Man Hype Man"
| Terry Piles
|| Followed by:|
"The Power Hour"