Toenail, the Service
|Toenail, the Service|
|Broadcast Date||March 16, 2015|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Tom Merritt|
Will you buy a game console or a phone to watch cable? Or will you buy your HBO Now from Cablevision? Will you watch Tommy Wiseau’s show Neighbors?
- Sony Computer Entertainment President Andrew House said in an interview with the Journal
- PlayStation Vue will launch within 2 week sin New York, Philadelphia and Chicago
- Testers in those cities have been using it for months
- PS3 and PS4
- 75 channels including CBS, FOX, NBC, Comedy Central, FX, Discovery, NO ESPN YET
- Store recorded shows in cloud for 28 days
- Nationwide by end of 2015
- CFO Fran Shammo told an investor conference
- Launch this summer
- Aimed at people who want to consumer on wireless connections
- Programming deal with Dreamworks AwesomenessTV
- 200 hours of news shows - Awesomeness TV aimed at teens and DreamWorksTV for families.
- Cablevision will offer HBO Now to broadband-only subscribers
- Will provide pricing and other details about how HBO Now will be made available to broadband subs in the coming weeks.
- Cablevision reported 2.68 million video and 2.76 million broadband customers
- Janko Roettgers on medium
- Roku filing with FCC indicates two new models
- The 4210X and 4230X feature “no change in hardware or in existing RF relevant portion,”
- No ethernet port
- A long report on the state of YouTube quotes an unnamed YouTube partner saying they were approached about being part of a subscription YouTube service. Would you pay for top tier YouTube content?
- Nielsen says 36% of US households subscribe to Netflix, 13% to Amazon Prime and 6.5% to Hulu Plus. What happens when those numbers pass 50%?
- Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion have raised almost $2 million for a Web show called Con Man about two stars from a cult classic sci fi show that was canceled too soon, one (Fillion) has gone on to stardom, the other (Tudyk) pretty much makes his living from Cons. Will this fill the Firefly-shaped hole in your heart?
- HBO programming president Michael Lombardo told Entertainment Weekly he’d prefer to have 10 season of Game of Thrones but he’ll have an honest conversation with the showrunners. QUOTE “If they weren't comfortable going beyond seven seasons, I trust them implicitly and trust that's the right decision—as horrifying as that is to me.” Is Lombardo going to eff this up?
- Twitter is testing a feature in its phone app call TV Timelines that shows Tweets, videos, GIFs and Photos related to the show broken down into Highlights, Media, and All. Do you want this?
- Season 3 of House of Cards was shot in 6K even though the masters were delivered in 4K and the 6K versions merely sit in a production house archive. Forward thinking or a waste?
- Community premieres on Yahoo tomorrow
- Game of Thrones' fifth season will air simultaneously worldwide each week through HBO channels and partner carriers. Ready for a 2 AM viewing Vienna?
- The director of the best/worst movie ever has a new sitcom streaming on Hulu Plus
- Tommy Wiseau, writer and Director of the movie The Room has a Hulu Plus original out called The Neighbors about a group of neighbors in an apartment building. Wiseau plays two characters. The first 4 episodes are up at Hulu Plus now.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII is coming May 26th, 2017 (40 years and one day after the first film. Also Rogue One, which is scheduled for December 16th, 2016, will star Felicity Jones.
- Brian: Better Call Saul, Powers, most of last week's The Walking Dead
- Tom: House of Cards (Ep. 307) Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (ep. 2), Better Call Saul (Ep. 6) The Shield (502), Powers (1/2 episode) Last Man on Earth (Ep. 3)
- Scott: Better Call Saul, Bosch, Peaky Blinders, Friends, Justified (catchup)
Dispatches From The Front
- Brian, Brian, Brian,
- Big Hero Six? Really? Dude I can't believe you bought into that one. "Big Hero Scooby-Doo with Robots" is more like it. One of the most predictable, safe, boring thing I've ever seen from Disney. It really did NOT deserve the Best Animated Feature. Looked pretty, but even that was pretty boring too.
- Do you want to show your little girls the best animated feature of 2014?? Sit down and watch "Song Of The Sea" with them. I took my niece and she absolutely loved it.
- "Song Of The Sea" trailer
- Take it from someone who works in the animation industry. BH6 was not the best. Not even close. Please watch SOTS. You will not be disappointed.
- Hi Tom, Brian and random guest. I have been debating for a while on which streaming service to get. Most of my friends have both and are happier with Netflix but also say that there are some things on Hulu Plus that they can't get on Netflix I can only afford one and am torn between the two any advice would be great. Love the show
- Some people don't mind spoilers, so they always listen to It's Spoilerin' Time. I try to avoid them, so I only listen to the Spoilerin' Time segments for shows/movies that I've seen.
- I emailed you a while back requesting timestamps in the Spoilerin' Time episode descriptions, and I can't thank you enough for providing that.
- But still, the situation commonly arises that you discuss something on Spoilerin' Time that I haven't seen yet, so I skip it. But then, weeks, maybe even months later, I see it, and I would like to go back and see what my favorite hosts had to say about it. In the past, that involved some Google work.
- So I went back through all the IST episodes to see what you covered. I converted all the timestamps you provided to timecode YouTube links, for a scrollable, searchable, clickable list of every episode and movie you've covered in the segments:
- It's a bit rough around the edges. The shows are in reverse chronological order, based on when you covered them, but the episodes are in forward chronological order. Hm, that's a little weird. Also, there weren't episode numbers in a lot of the show descriptions. In some places, I assumed, in others, I left it blank. And I converted all the timecodes manually, so inevitably, a few will probably be wrong. I probably pasted the wrong YouTube link in a couple places too.
- I'm not sure how best to distribute this info, I think it would be best to get it into a wiki format so that others can join in the fun, especially for the older episodes without any timestamp info.
- Anyway, the show is fantastic, I love everything. I hope some folks find this useful.
- Joe the keyboard fanatic
- Love the show. Would like to support you on Patreon, but I would have a hard time explaining that expense to my wife. A one time purchase of a product would be easier. Ergo, I would like to purchase a Cordkillers Tshirt or Mug. Any plans?
- Regarding Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: According to IMDB:
- The first seven episodes of the series were edited with the assumption they would be aired on NBC and adhered to a 22 minute time limit and included transitions for commercials. After the show was acquired by Netflix the episodes were reedited to remove commercial transitions and jokes that were previously omitted due to running time constraints were reinserted.
- Jay in luxurious Katy, TX
- Dog House Systems Cordkiller box
| Preceded by:
"In Time for VEEP"
| Toenail, the Service
|| Followed by:|
"Cheese and Sausage"