|Known For||Renowned magician, creator of Weird Things, sci-fi author and host of Don't Trust Andrew Mayne|
|Podcasts||Weird Things, Creative Podcast, Mayniac|
Andrew Mayne (born Andrew Harter) is a magician, illusion designer and filmmaker. He has written and produced over thirty books, DVDs and manuscripts on magic. He is the publisher and editor for Weird Things. He’s also a professional magician, television producer and critical thinking lecturer. As a magician he’s published over 40 books and DVDs on magic and worked creatively for Penn & Teller and David Blaine. He was lead investigator for the James Randi Million-Dollar Challenge and a contributor to Junior Skeptic. He worked as the executive producer on G4 Underground for the G4 Network. Most recently, he starred in his own TV show Don't Trust Andrew Mayne on A&E.
Don't Trust Andrew Mayne
In 2014, Andrew's TV show Don't Trust Andrew Mayne premiered on A&E. It is an unscripted show in which Andrew goes around town and uses his magic skills to screw with people. Each episode also includes Andrew helping a person get revenge on a loved one. The 13 episodes aired from January 13th to March 1st with two episodes a night on the first six weeks and the final episode on the seventh week.
- Weird Things
- Creatives Podcast with Justin Robert Young (working title)
Andrew Mayne Stories(suspended indefinitely)
- Weird Things episodes:
- NSFW episodes:
- #14 - Ask the Internet, in the chat
- #19 - Weird Things Dot Kamph as a guest host, competing against a pair of Hitler-possessed dice
- #30 - Called in to report suspected commie spies in Play Them Off Keyboard Communist
- #39 - Debit Daddy, where he created the character, "Debit Daddy" (not to be confused with the Credit MacDaddy)
- #78 - Fish Stick Apocalypse
- #82 - Steamed Mayne Special
- #114 - Chestnut the Unicorn
- #202 - Silly Boy Nonsense
- #212 - Bigger Please
- Scam School episodes:
- Andrew Mayne Stories episodes:
- All (as host)
- Mayniac episodes:
- All (as host)
Mayne's first books Solo-X and Illusion FX featured novel stage illusions. Solo-X included Mayne's method for walking through a mirror which has since seen numerous variations by other performers on stage and television. Illusion FX featured Mayne's reworking of the Indian Sword Basket illusion using balloon swords. After publishing several works on illusions, Mayne began releasing several "shock magic" effects to the magic fraternity. Some of Mayne's "shock magic" style effects include the production of a bowling ball from a paper bag, an impromptu pencil through face penetration and a psychic prediction using a cockroach.
In addition to his magic books, in 2011 he began to release his own $0.99 sci-fi novels. He has also released audiobook versions of his books recorded by Justin Robert Young which you can buy for just a couple dollars or you can wait to get the free, serialized versions in the form of iTunes podcasts. Angel Killer is notable for its sustained high ranking in the UK.
- Andrew's Sci-fi stories
- The Grendel's Shadow
- Public Enemy Zero
- The Chronological Man: The Monster in the Mist
- The Chronological Man: The Martian Emperor
- Angel Killer
- Hollywood Pharaohs
You can go to AndrewMayne.com/Books to find out more about his books.
- As his then co-worker and close friend, JRY, was being attacked by a spider, instead of helping him, he took out his iPhone and recorded the event.
- Andrew Mayne will ultimately be responsible for the apocalypse on November 30th, 2027.
- Mayne is also responsible for banishing Hitler's eternal soul to HELL, in episode 19 of the NSFW show, Weird Things Dot Kamph.
- Was named after his father's pet raccoon.