Happy Presidents Day
|Happy Presidents Day|
|Broadcast Date||February 17, 2014|
Just a quick glance at the headlines. No guest today as it’s a holiday in the US.
- Some usernames, email addresses, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and encrypted passwords were compromised in the data breach, though Kickstarter says no credit card data was accessed. Kickstarter had hashed older passwords with SHA-1 multiple times while more recent passwords were hashed with crypt. Kickstarter found out about the breach Wednesday and after investigation, alerted users Saturday and advised changing your password.
News From You
- The technology from SlickLogin lets you login into a website by holding your phone close to the computer you’re logging in on. The website plays an ultra-sonic sound that the phone hears and interprets as encrypted data which is used to authenticate the login. The code is temporary and only used for one login.
- Submiited by: KAPT_Kipper
- The San Francisco Chronicle has a source claiming Apple was very much interested in buying Tesla, and that Apple CEO Tim Cook was “probably” involved int he meeting.
- Submitted by: habichuelacondulce
- PlayerAttack report that Valve’s Anti Cheat System scans your browsing history to see if you visit hack sites
- The details were posted to the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Reddit claiming the VAC goes through all DNS cache entries, hashes each with MD5 and reports back to VAC servers. It is not clear what happens after that.
- Submitted by: jaymz668
- Dropbox accessible, stable in China for the first time since 2010
- Kakao Talk, a popular messaging app from Korea, has launched an app for Nokia’s 500, 501, 502 and 503 Asha phones
| Preceded by:
"Funk Da Crunk in the Elephant’s Trunk"
| Happy Presidents Day
|| Followed by:|
"Candy Crushin’ It"