Am I Legal?
|Am I Legal?|
|Broadcast Date||January 18, 2012|
|Hosts||Tom Merritt, Brian Brushwood, Ron Richards|
YouTube's new entertainment channels, Hulu's Battleground debut, Sling on a chip, and more.
The Big Story
YouTube starts rolling out their new entertainment channels.
Another Big Story
Visit audiblepodcast.com/framerate to try out their service with a free audio book.
- Lovefilm adding ABC TV show archive in UK Netflix fight. 1
- comScore publishes December 2011 U.S. online video rankings; Facebook slips. 1
- Amazon casts flattering light on UltraViolet. 1
- Tom Hanks planning Yahoo-only web series, “Electric City”. 1
- Myspace says it’s going to sell you web TV. 1
- Broadcom to put Sling on a chip. 1
- Roku to launch cordless streaming stick for TVs. 1
- New Google TV taps Marvell system-on-a-chip. 1
- Google TV to get annual upgrades; recommendations likely in 2012. 1
- Frank Darabont's epic, rejected plan for 'Walking Dead' season 2 revealed? 1
- International Academy of Web Television announces winners for the inaugural IAWTV Awards. 1
- Frequency, a TV guide for web video, tries a new look. 1
- FRINGE - Past + Present + Future. 1
- First scene from Avatar: The Legend of Korra shows our heroine kicking butt. 1
Winter Movie Draft
- (1) Tom - $470,109,010
- (2) Brian - $376,324,187
- (3) Glenn - $376,037,120
- (4) Sarah - $346,435,273
- (5) Justin - $255,532,950
What We're Watching
- Avatar: The Last Airbender (rewatching)
- Sherlock (season 2)
- Being Human (US version)
- A viewer asks about the distinction between different types of trailers.
- Chimaera discusses the viability for replacing a portable TV with Filmon's over the air tuner in emergency situations.
- Brian: "Can I mail them a check for $.35?"
- Ron: "You should totally do that just to kick off the Brazil like bureaucracy problem. When the BBC gets a check for $.37 from an American, and they're like, 'Well we can't cash this.' And it'll get passed around and the check will be in a plastic bag and through the pneumatic tubes in the BBC and it'll never get cashed."
| Preceded by:
"Trolling For Hobbits"
| Am I Legal?
|| Followed by:|
"Set Fire To The Industry"