What channel is YouTube on?
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|What channel is YouTube on?|
|Broadcast Date||April 28 2014|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Tom Merritt|
Cable subs are stable are on the rise. Aereo looks like it might lose in court. So what’s the good news? Netflix might go peer-to-peer? Ah, Dish might bring an Internet-only TV service by the end of the summer!
- Philip Shane,Documetary filmmaker
- You Kids Are Still Watching — And Paying for — TV, Says Pay TV Giant
- TWC subs rise
- Comcast adds video subscribers, beats Street
- Comcast details plan to give up customers and create new cable company
- 75 percent of millennials are paying for TV - ESPN citing Nielsen
- TWC lost 34K video subs. Gained 269K data and 107K voice
- Comcast added 26K video subs. (second straight quarter) Gained 383K data,
- Comcast will ditch 3.9 million subs mostly to Charter if TWC merger approved.
- With Aereo, Supreme Court digs into copyright nuances
- Inside the Supreme Court for Aereo's last stand
- Supreme Court Conflicted on Legality of Aereo Online Video Service
- The Supreme Court Loves the Cloud. It’s Not Sure About Aereo.
- In Aereo hearing, Supreme Court expresses concern for cloud computing – but doubt over tiny antennas
- Dish reportedly launching internet TV service this summer
- Dish Said to Target Summer Debut for Internet-TV Service
- Bloomberg now saying Dish will launch service over the Internet by end of summer
- Has Disney on board
- NBC has to say yes as condition of Comcast acquisition.
- A&E Television Networks LLC, Time Warner Inc.’s Turner Broadcasting and CBS Corp. also have spoken with Dish
- Apparently other networks holding out until Dish gets two networks on board and 10 of highest rated cable nets
- Fan TV’s Streaming Set-Top Box Will Soon Be Available To Time Warner Cable Subscribers
- Sky's next set-top box rumored to do away with satellite dishes
- A tale of two cable boxes
- IN THE US
- Fan TV, Yves Behar designed, gesture-based remote, mixes cable with streaming services (Redbox Instant by Verizon, Crackle, and Target Ticket, Rhapsody)
- Now available for pre-order to TWC subs for $99
- IN THE UK
- Project Ethan (according to Telegraph)
- all of Sky's programming is available through the cloud, letting you pause TV and -- if you like -- resume it on a smartphone
- Microsoft Xbox Struggles in Big Hollywood Foray
- Microsoft may use mashup of pricing plans for Xbox TV shows
- Documentary series found the ET cartridges!
- Yahoo announces its first two original TV series, coming in 2015
- Xbox Entertainment Studios chief Nancy Tellem at the Newfronts advertiser meetings in NYC
- Halo TV series (Spielberg)
- Every Street United (street soccer unscripted)
- Bonnaroo - Live
- Documentary series “Signal to Noise” - INcluding Atari Game over
- Humans (remake of Swedish “Real Humans”)
- Halo feature (Ridley Scott)
- In development
- Deadlands (Based on RPG)
- Extraordinary Believers (Robot Chicken folks, hybrid stop-motion show)
- Fearless (unscripted Navy divers)
- Gun machine (Based on novel by Warren Ellis)
- JASH comedy half hour
- Winterworld (Earth encased in ice)
- They’re not getting Sex and the City or Game of Thrones. And they won’t get series like Girls or Veep until they’re 3 years old. BUT HBO IS SELLING SHOWS TO A RIVAL STREAMING PROVIDER.
- Netflix posted a job listing for senior software engineer “with a special focus in peer-to-peer networks.”
- Part of the job responsibilities include “research and architecture of large scale peer to peer network technology as applicable to Netflix streaming”. Hey remember when ISPs said Netflix should pay extra because they send more traffic into an ISP than the ISP sends to Netflix? Well yeah, this could change that balance.
- RCN, Grande Communications, and Atlantic Broadband will offer access to the Netflix service straight from their TV set-top boxes.
- If you’re an RCN customer you would pick up your remote control, tune to the appropriate channel, like say, channel 450, and there you’d find Netflix. You’d select it and that would launch the Netflix app.
- A investment group run by former Fox president Peter Chernin“"to acquire, invest in and launch over-the-top (OTT) video services." Apparently the two companies have sunk $500 million in the venture.
- All current-generation Roku devices— which essentially means you bought it after July 2011 — can now add the YouTube channel.
- They also support DIAL, meaning you can send video from a YouTube mobile app to the Roku box.
- Arrested Development’s creator, Mitch Hurwitz, has signed a multi-year deal to create and produce a new original series for Netflix.
2014 Summer Movie Draft
- 1 DTNS: $225,059,241
- 2 GodsMoneybags: $114,983,205
- 3 Amtrekker: $24,763,752
- 4 The Morning Stream: $24,161,059
- 5 Night Attack: $0
- 6 /Film: $0
- Brian: Game of Thrones (HBO Go), Cosmos (hulu), Rick and Morty (Adult Swim)
- Tom: Archer (Vudu) Warehouse 13 (Amazon) The Shield Ep. 9 (Amazon) Agents of SHIELD (OTA) Arrow (OTA), Orphan Black (iTunes), Game of Thrones (HBO Go) Cosmos (OTA) Mad Men (Amazon)
- Philip: Game of Thrones (HBO Go), Cosmos (hulu), Mad Men (Amazon), Orphan Black (iTunes), Community (iTunes), Science of the Solar System (Coursera)
Dispatches From The Front
- Hey guys, loyal patron here. I wanted to let you know that if you don't already listen to or watch star talk radio with Neil deGrasse Tyson, his last episode was really great. It's titled A cosmos conversation with Steven Soter. He is one of the original writers of the original cosmos and they cover a lot of things that you talk about such as the animation. I have not yet listened to the most recent It's spoilering time so please forgive me if somehow you covered this already.
- I love the show keep up the good work. And I love seeing my name in the credits.
- Actually, most of the advertising on Detroit tv does take into account Canadians. Many Canadians cross the border to do their shopping, as food and other products are cheaper here than in Ontario. I live on the border in a small town, and a good portion of groceries are sold to people who do not live in the us. Many retailers here benefit, such as clothiers, grocery, and other businesses that are not restricted in some way due to duty fees when those products are taken through customs. So the advertisers on local Detroit stations are fully aware and are sold on advertising with people in Ontario.
- An Aero opinion,I'm conflicted about the case. I want to root for them, yet since I have a windows media center setup with my own antenna I fear the over the air business model dying. I cut the cord years ago, but I fear the Aero fight might unintentionally push me back to comcast if the broadcasters pull their shows off the air.
- Hi Tom and Brian, Given how you keep us up to date with What We're Watching, it would be neat should you guys use a service like trakt.tv so your fans can easily track what you are watching and, more importantly, how you rated the material.
- Love the show, etc, etc.
- Hey Tom Merritt and Brian Brushwood, don't throw those first-gen AppleTVs away... They are worth a lot of money! I jailbroke mine and sold it on eBay for over $190 just two months ago! I used that money to buy two refurbished AppleTV 3's.
- Dog House Systems Cordkiller box
"And we get five bucks"
|What channel is YouTube on?
"Does Hulu Make Sense Now"