She Backed Me Up with Science!
|She Backed Me Up with Science!|
|Broadcast Date||July 13, 2010|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Justin Robert Young|
|Guests||Dr. Paul Zak|
Dr. Paul Zak joins Brian and Justin to talk about the chemicals that make us feel good, and experiments to determine which host listeners like more.
Opening video: Drunk Jeff Goldblum Apple Ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQmK1CnwOUI
Dr. Paul Zak joins Justin and Brian to run experiments on four testees (Mbazdell, Karhax, DougEvil, Cameron Ramsay). Each testee had to perform a different action to attempt to raise their oxytocin levels (SCIENCE NOTE: Oxytocin is a chemical in your brain that makes you slutty and want to love everyone around you). After each subject performed their specific action, they would pledge a dollar amount between 1 and 20 dollars to either Brian or Justin. At the end of the tests, they compared the dollar amounts to see which action increased oxytocin levels the most.
- Mbazdell- Fantasize about a girl in the IT hallway of his college - $18.43 to Justin
- Karhax- Breathe deeply- $5.65 to Justin
- DougEvil- Hug mom- $3.00 to Justin
- Cameron Ramsay- Look at porn (he chose granny)- $2.99 to Justin
While pimping Carbonite's AMAZING features (which you can find at Carbonite.com promo code: NSFW) Brian said "Back that ass up!", which he later regretted.
New Champion! Woo!
- "If you have naked pictures of your ex-girlfriend's backside, we encourage you to back that ass up" - Brian (this was edited out of the sponsor read and moved to the very end of the final podcast)
- Half of the testees are communist.
- Paul Zak admits that he once fell for the pigeon drop scam
- Brian admits that he once overpaid for cheap speakers thinking they were high quality, stolen speakers
- Justin admits he is jealous that he was never scammed
Links & Downloads
| Preceded by:
"Komic Kombat: or Mel Gibson Hates Mondays"
| She Backed Me Up with Science!
|| Followed by:|
"Bromancing the Stone"