But It's All Fine Now
|But It's All Fine Now|
|Broadcast Date||June 13, 2019|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Justin Robert Young|
Andrew Heaton, now-formerly of What's Off with Andrew Heaton, is in Austin to talk getting fired and what's next. Plus, an educational trivia game, "Ridley's I Can't Believe It...Or Can I?" and your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
Try Try and the Prepared
It's a show with special guest Andrew Heaton. Andrew Heaton has a new Patreon for his new ventures (https://www.patreon.com/andrewheaton), since his show Something's Off with Andrew Heaton is coming to the end of it's run. Brian and Just have both guested on Andrew Heaton's show several times, and Andrew Heaton appeared at the recent SXSW live show, and now they're all on Night Attack together.
"Something's Off With Andrew Heaton" may have ended but it's still good, go back and listen to the back episodes.
Join Andrew Heaton's mailing list to stay informed on what projects he's up to, http://www.mightyheaton.com. He plans to continue doing a weekly podcast and other things.
We've All Been There
Andrew, Brian and Justed chatted for a while about the career of doing stand-up comedy or magic for live audiences and dealing with hecklers or ambivalent audiences.
Support Night Attack
If you support Night Attack on Patreon, you get the the preshow and the postshow in your own super-convenient private RSS feed for your podcast player of choice. You get exclusive content like last week's VIP show with Ice Cream Social recorded at Modern Rogue World Headquarters. You also might get your name shouted out in the Name Chant Corner Hour except nobody had a new or increased pledge this week so they name chanted NOBODY.
You can also support Night Attack through subscriptions and bits on https://twitch.tv/nightattack and during the twitch subs n' bitz story minute you can get your name incorporated into a strange yet enlightening story.
This weeks the THE BIT BOSS was IBOROBOTOSIS23
Ridley's I can't believe it or can I game
It's a trivia game from Bryce, the most trivia gamey game they maybe have ever gamed. There are six topics of questions and the guys have to guess. It'll be great.
- Stop Emailing My life: How many people have ever lived and died since 50,000 BCE? Brian says 38 billion, Justin says 21 billion, Andrew says 40 million no wait, 40 billion. The real answer is about 108 BILLION. Andrew got the point.
- The Real Knock-Out Game: When was the first reported usage of Ether as a surgical anaesthetic? Justin says 1879, Andrew says 1852, Brian says 1861. The answer was March 30th 1842. Andrew got the point. Ether was discovered in the 8th century and used as laughing gas for entertainment as far back as the 1700's though.
- Blue Bloods: How much does the horseshoe crab's blood sell for (per gallon)? Andrew says $20,000/gal. Brian says $2 million/gal. Justin says $2 million + $1/gal. The correct answer is $60,000/gal. Andrew gets the point.
- Doing Lines: Which US state has the most coastline? Brian says Florida. Justin says California. Andrew says Alaksa. The correct answer is Minnesota. This answer is contentious because it depends on how you count shoreline, but Bryce had the data-uh to back up his answer.
- Great Neighbors: How long is the Australian Dingo Fence made in 1885? Justin says 5400 miles. Andrew says 3000 miles. Brian says 3072 miles. The fence is 3488 miles. Brian gets the point.
This last question was worth four points.
- Big Cloud Data: How much does an average cumulous cloud weigh? Andrew says 6,000 lbs. Brian says 20,000 lbs. Justin says 10,000 lbs. The answer is 1.1 million lbs. Brian got the points.
If you have some original research or data or a completed game send it to mail at night attack dot tv and you might get stickers from http://StickersOrDIAF.com
- MrsCollura1 would like if you helped her Donors Choose Page to buy tablets for her class. If you use LIFTOFF as a code your donation will be matched.
- bodezzz has a podcast about Tesla, EV's and renewable energy http://bit.ly/teslaswag
- PapaSparky has a podcast about nerdy topics https://www.welcome2geektown.com/
Hey look Frogpants is in the lead. See it all at http://draft.diamondclub.tv.
A listener started losing his hair in the early 20's. (Brian is the only guy in his family to still have hair). What did you learn during your two weeks of not doing shows? (Breaks are good, and the shows with everyone in the studio together turn out really well). What about doing a show that is like "Nailed it" but with people learning magic? (Please delete this from the podcast so Brian can use this great idea). Send your mail to mail at night attack dot tv.
- Humans have a lot of bacteria, and some people need poop transplants.
- Brian had a good story via Penn Jilette about James Randi getting anaesthetic.
- There was a twitch viewer from Western Australia in the chat during the dingo fence question
Preshow & Aftershow
Since Night Attack is directly funded by the viewers, the preshow and aftershow videos are available to Patrons of the show ASAP and freely available 48h after release. If you're not yet a Patron of the show, then go to Patreon.com/NightAttack and pledge ANY amount!
| Preceded by:
"Hair Today, Dog To-Mambo"
| But It's All Fine Now
|| Followed by:|