|Broadcast Date||August 6, 2012|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Tom Merritt, Justin Robert Young|
Pay TV, Amazon VS Netflix, YouTube double down, Aereo victory, and more!
The Big Story
Another Big Story
Go to Squarespace.com for your free two week trail, and use offer code: framerate8 if you decide to keep it for 10% off your first purchase on new accounts. If you sign up for the annual plan subscription you get a free domain name in addition to the 10% discount. Plans start as low as $8/month.
- Netflix testing 'Max' assistant on some PS3 users to improve movie recommendations. 
- YouTube to double down on its 'channel' experiment. 
- Fanhattan video-aggregating app adds HBO and NBC content, universal 'WatchList' queue. 
- Watch live TV on your phone! No, really. 
- Aereo celebrates a court victory with clever marketing: free web TV for an hour, or a dollar for a day. 
- New Bill Nye The Science Guy show coming to YouTube. 
- H+ debuting August 8th. 
- BBC shows off 33-megapixel Super Hi-Vision Olympic footage. 
- Warner Bros has ‘Dark Tower’ decision looming: and Russell Crowe is in the mix. 
- Deadline's Weekly YouTube Rankings. 
Summer Movie Draft
- (1) Justin = $893,482,799
- (2) Tom = $658,354,517
- (3) Scott = $641,761,707
- (4) Brian = $613,396,497
- (5) Sarah = $392,387,427
- (6) Veronica = $204,914,294
Justin is unofficially declared the victor.
The Campaign and The Bourne Legacy premiere this week.
What We're Watching
- Breaking Bad
- Re-watched The Avengers
- Breaking Bad
- The Olympics
- Curiosity landing on Mars!
- 21 Jump Street
- Ander T. notes that both Brian and Tom are right about the Olympics foley and mic mixing.
- Tom, "And now you've spoiled the email."
- Brian, "Well now, actually he didn't spoil the email until you pointed out that's what was in the email."
- Tom, "And now I've spoiled the email!"
- Brian, "By the way, Bill Meeks joined me on our adventure all the way out to Indonesia. [He] did a fantastic job shooting that stuff for Scam School.
- Justin, "Shame what happened to him out there. RIP Bill Meeks, we'll always remember him."
- Tom, "Well they have the right to do anything stupid. That's not much of a point."
- Brian, "I'm looking forward to our new show Grousin' with Tom."
- Both Brian and Justin are live in studio this week.
| Preceded by:
"It's Grandma Good"
| Seems Legit
|| Followed by:|