|Broadcast Date||September 11, 2008|
A stumper of a puzzle‚ using only 4th grade math.
Effect: Using matches (or in our case - toothpicks), create the incorrect math equation 1+11+111=1111. Then challenge your friend to move only 1 match and make the equation true. Make sure to point out that the 4 matches on the right side of the equation are correct; it‚ only the left side that needs fixing. To be even more fair, point out that they can interpret the numbers as roman numerals, hash marks, or traditional Arabic numerals (in truth, all these extra options only serve to make the puzzle even harder).
'Method: Take one of the matches from the 11 section, turn it 90 degrees and place it perpendicularly over the middle match in the 111 section. Properly spaced, the equation then appears as 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 1111!
Next episode, very special one, we're going to be learning... Actually, we'll be debating the merits of tumble dry versus line dry when it comes to laundering money.
- 1 * 1 + 111 = 1111 is also a valid answer.
- Jonathan Pritchard is not credited as a Creative Consultant in this episode.
- Filmed at Kezar Pub & Restaurant.
- There is a blooper in which Brian did not set up the trick properly. The same guys are also seen in It's In the Bank.
- After the blooper is an ad for Hak5 with Darren Kitchen and Matt Lestock. The ad includes shots of the Revision3 control room, studio, and Internet Superstar set.
"The Key Card"
"Cheesy Beer Gags"