|Broadcast Date||November 1, 2016|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Justin Robert Young|
We find out that Justin and Brian have diametrically opposed views on running out in the desert with friends, we decide that now is the perfect time to hold the First-Annual Best Vine Awards and we get distracted watching some idiots drink flaming shots on YouTube.
- 1 Contents
- 2 Great Quotes
- 3 Fun Facts
- 4 Characters
- 5 YouTube
- 6 Links
In the preshow, we all became fascinated with this "Dog Police" music video. It's super weird and it apparently got a TV pilot with Adam Sandler and Jeremy Piven. What?
That time a 20-year-old Brian vomited in front of a show promoter.
The Most Famous Brand in Hacker Hardware in the Universe
Remember when the National Geographic show Hacking the System prominently featured the usb Rubber Ducky made by our friends at Hak5? And remember when the same Rubber Ducky device was used as a plot point in Mr. Robot? Oh and then it was used on NBC's The Blacklist? Our friends Darren Kitchen and the folks at Hak5 made that! How neat is that? Wait… let's watch that Blacklist clip again. Watch to the end… that dude pulls out a gun and says "Quack quack bitch!".
Anyway, Justin was hanging out with Darren today at the Hak5 warehouse and apparently they're all out of stock on the USB Rubber Duckies just as they're getting attention on a broadcast network. Bummer.
Running is for Dicks
So Brett Rounsaville invited Brian, Justin, Tom Merritt, Darren Kitchen and Jeff Cannata to a big ol' 24-hour desert running relay thing out in Utah. Brian is super into it since he feels like they will never be fit enough to do it again. Justin doesn't like it and thinks it's super dumb. It's important to note that Justin is probably in the best running shape he's ever been in. He runs a 5k every morning, but for whatever reason he doesn't want to do this and he isn't going to respond to the invite.
After a few minutes talking about it on the show, Justin realized that everyone in the email chain that is excited about it is a dad. The only reason they want to do it is to get away from their kids.
The Patreon is at $1,464. If you want to become a patron, head on over to Patreon.com/NightAttack.
Hey, apparently we never talk about this, but did you know that if you're a Patron at ANY level, you get access to the preshow and postshow? And now you can get the pre and postshow in an audio RSS feed that you can put in your podcast app. NEAT!
Hey Sloan! We appreciate you raising your pledge!
That Cogswell Boy Did it Again!
We've got yet another Steven Cogswell joint. It has Jason Murphy, "Come as You Are" and Hamsterdance. WHAT THE FUCK MORE DO YOU WANT!? JESUS.
First-Annual Best Vine Awards
Remember when we were gonna post Captain Morgan bits on Vine every week? I can't believe we totally forgot about that idea, it's so unlike us.
So we're holding the First-Annual Best Vine Awards (even though Vine is shutting down). The videos were curated by the Chatrealm and judged in the classic BBLiveShow "New Champion! Woo!/Same Champion, Boo!" format. Which basically means the first video they watch is the "Champion" by default and each new video is judged to either be better or worse. If it's better, it's the New Champion (Woo!) and all other videos will be judge against that. If it's worse… who gives a shit? Fuck that video. BOO!
- Flippy skateboarder (New Champion Woo)
- Usain Bolt gets run over by a Segway (Woo)
- Flippy asian boys (Boo)
- Aunty Donna Aroo! (Boo)
- Movie reference visual bits (Boo)
- Raccoon Attack (Woo)
- Wet arm fart (Boo)
- Bo Burnham doesn't like Vine anymore (Boo)
- Dat Boi is coming out (Boo)
- It's an Overwatch thing (Boo)
- When you realize you're a bird (Boo)
- More Overwatch (Boo)
- Ugh Overwatch (Boo)
- Please no Wonderwall (Woo)
- Shots in church (Woo)
- Jamaican Sea Otter (Boo)
- God damn your face is on fire! (No ruling)
- Fisherman gets tackled by a naked dude (Woo)
- Do inch worms like to party? (Boo)
- ATV jump (Boo)
- Man vs. umbrellas (Boo)
- Seven Nation Army Dog (Boo)
- Wario Pastor (Boo)
- Gamecube falling guy (Boo)
- Kanye robot (Boo)
- Out of control Bobcat (Boo)
- Pinatas (Boo)
- Dog dancing to Toto's Africa Blind Pick: First Annual Best Vine Ever
In the middle of the Vine Awards, the guys got distracted by watching people fuck up drinking flaming shots.
- J &N Music Production
- Unreal Aussies
- BTR Productions
- Spearmint Nitrate
If you want to submit your thing for Diamond Time head over to the weekly Diamond Time post on the DiamondClub subreddit. Instructions on how to format your submission can be found in the post!
Movie Draft Chat
- There's no doubt Tom's gonna win, right? - Brian
- Inferno sure took a dump - Justin
- I need Dr. Strange to be the highest grossing movie of the winter - Justin
- Rogue One has a good chance to over perform - Brian
- I don't think Fantastic Beasts will be good - Justin
- It'll be a cute movie - Brian
- GOD! HARRY POTTER FOUR WAS THE BEST! AND FIVE WAS SO DISAPPOINTING! - Justin
- Fuck those books - Brian
- I was freebasing REAL fantasy in high school, don't give me this broomstick shit - Brian
Right away they went back to the flaming shot fail video. They made a game out of predicting what kind of fire would result: bluebeard, Ghost Rider, Johnny Storm or Dhalsim.
Next week might be a weird show/not actually a show. There's a possibility that Brian and Justin will be together in Austin, but not at Brian's house to do an election coverage stream. I'm not saying it's InfoWars.com… but… I'm not saying it's NOT InfoWars.com.
Oh BTW Brian, Adam Curry and a couple other friends went over and watched the third Presidential debate at Lance Armstrong's house. And Lance wants to go over to Brian's house to play with the HTC Vive. NBD. #Haven'tYouDoneWell #WPR #AllThemFrenchMotherfuckersWereDopingToo
After this, they talked about drugs and Lance Armstrong's podcast. IDK, I wasn't really listening. I was putting the finishing touches on this page during their conversation. They're talking about drugs in sports as I type this.
- "Did you know… that Eva Braun wore glasses?" - Justin, killing time during the Patreon plug
- "Fuck. Quidditch." - Brian speaking the last words of the episodes
- "THAT WAS THE WORST ONE!" - Bryce immediately after thinking that one particular flaming shot fail would actually be ok (Aftershow)
- At the top of the show, Justin predicted that one of the hosts will die tragically in the next year
- OH FUCK, I laughed so goddamn hard when they opened that last Vine link. One of my favorite NSFW/Night Attack moments ever
- The D man
Preshow & Aftershow
Since Night Attack is directly funded by the viewers, the preshow and aftershow videos are available to Patrons of the show ASAP and freely available 48h after release. If you're not yet a Patron of the show, then go to Patreon.com/NightAttack and pledge ANY amount!
| Preceded by:
"That's Illegal (w/ Jason Murphy)"
| Flavor Toothpaste
|| Followed by:|
"God King: The Musical (w/ MikeTV)"