The Ritual Misery Podcast
|The Ritual Misery Podcast|
http://www.patreon.com/ritualmisery http://ritualmisery.com/ https://twitter.com/ritualmisery https://www.reddit.com/r/ritualmisery/
|Hosted by||Amos Lemos &|
|Opening theme||Kevin MacLeod|
|No. of episodes||160+|
|Runtime||30-60 min +|
|Distributor||Licensed under |
By Attribution 3.0
|Original Run||OCT 12, 2014- Present|
The Ritual Misery Podcast is a conversation of two life-long friends and military veterans talking about gadgets, tech news, geek culture, and military life in an easy-going, simple to follow format.
The podcast is aimed at tech-savvy family-oriented self-identified geeks interested in contemporary tech topics, news, and random geekery..
Ritual Misery is influenced by some of their hosts' favorite podcasts:
- Daily Tech News Show: hosted by Tom Merritt and a rotating crew of excellent co-hosts along with movers, shapers, and experts from around the world of tech, DTNS is the single greatest daily tech news podcast in production.
- Cordkillers: co-hosted by Tom Merritt and Brian Brushwood, Cordkillers brings you to the front line of the cord-cutting revolution explaining the concepts, benefits, and costs of cutting, or keeping, your cable subscription.
- Current Geek: hosted by Scott Johnson and Tom Merritt and featuring guests from all walks of geek subculture, Current Geek is a weekly review of all the major geek news of the week with a fun and inviting atmosphere.
- Night Attack: Brian Brushwood and Justin Robert Young bring a weekly assault on all things internet related in a no holds barred format that is definitely NSFW.
- The JuRY Podcast: Justin Robert Young’s one-mic podcast where he shares stories of his personal life, opinions of current events, and interacts with listeners with a straight-forward and very often hilarious demeanor.
- Stuff You Should Know: Josh Clark and Charles W. “Chuck” Bryant break down sophisticated concepts of nature, news, culture, and science to language everyone can understand, injecting their personalities and humor into each episode with warmth and humanity.
- Buzz Out Loud: CNET’s podcast of indeterminate length…this show set the stage for all tech podcasts after it, and it was the first podcast Amos ever listened to.
|Known For||Getting kicked out of a Bar at SXSW|
|Podcasts||Ritual Misery, Film Zone, |
Blue Box Travelers
|Known For||His Balls, His Back and Being Bald|
|Podcasts||Ritual Misery, |
Lets Talk About Thrones
Anthony lives in Alaska with his wife and children. His sister-in-law and niece round out his never-boring household.He has proudly served in the U.S. Air Force for nearly 22 years as an aircraft mechanic and/or paper-pusher. He’s been stationed in South Carolina, Okinawa, Hawai’i, Louisiana, South Korea twice, Texas, and Alaska. He’s visited Saudi Arabia, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Kuwait, Qatar, Iraq, and nearly every State in the Union. Anthony’s been listening to podcasts since he found Buzz Out Loud in June 2008 and producing his own podcasts since June 2014. He has 20 years of life experience building/refurbishing computers, setting up networks, and dabbling in programming/scripting, including several years as a Workgroup Manger and Client Service Administrator. His hobbies include podcasting, web design, reading fantasy novels and tech articles, and watching movies with his wife. He still loves, but can’t find time for, D&D (3.5e), DJ/KJing, WoW, and candid street photography using ambient light. Oh, and drumming.
Kent retired from the military and now podcasts full-time. He wishes! Only the first half of that statement is true. Perhaps one day… He is the co-host of The Ritual Misery Podcast, Film Zone, and the upcoming Blue Box Travelers. When not doing podcast things, he enjoys spending time with his family, writing beer reviews, and doing all things nerdy.