Stuff It, Brian!
|Stuff It, Brian!|
|Broadcast Date||July 20, 2011|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood with Andrew Mayne and Justin Robert Young|
This week special guests Andrew Mayne and Justin Robert Young of the Weird Things podcast join us with a killer 2-for-1 trick. Not only do you get to punk your friends, but you'll totally fool them as well!
Setup: challenge your friend to stuff as many napkins in his mouth as possible (while still being safe). Before they begin, promise you're going to make a prediction of what the final number will be by sending your friend a text (which they can verify has arrived either by tone or vibration). With their phone still face down, let them run wild and stuff as many as they can...
Effect: ...when they finally run out of steam, take note of how many napkins they ended up with and then reveal your texted prediction: "You will have a very dry mouth." They'll probably be pissed and feel like a fool, but their annoyance will turn to amazement when you turn over the very next napkin to reveal a handwritten prediction "you will stop on number 27"...the exact number they stopped on!
Method: The first part is a nasty prank, but it also serves an important function of acting as a red herring. Because the sucker thinks the prediction is on the phone, they'll pay no attention to the napkins they're stuffing in their face. And because of that, they'll never notice that each of the napkins they're eating has another prediction written on its back. simply label the 10th through 30th napkins with "you will stop on 23", "you will stop on 24" etc, and place them back in the stack.
After they've gone through the first 10 napkins, start picking them up and wadding them up as you push them into their mouth. That way there's no chance for them to see the other predictions. when you get to the end, hold the final napkin in one hand, while flipping over the full stack in the other. That way, when they see the prediction, they'll also see that it's the only one in the stack labeled that way!
Squarespace is a publishing system for anyone looking to build a blog, portfolio or any kind of website. Squarespace offers a uniquely flexible tool for just about anyone (no coding experience required) to build high end websites with that same functionality that you will find on some of the highest trafficked pages on the web. Squarespace also has amazing iPhone and iPad apps so you can easily update your blog and manage comments on the go. Go to Squarespace to get a 2-week free trial and 10% off when you sign up in July. Just enter coupon code scamschool7.
We're gonna learn from an actual wizard how you can create the illusion of synergy with the magic words Grabrubarf.
- "I swear, if you skip the next 53 seconds, I will physically come to your house and poop on your couch." -Brian
- "By the way, this is for every idiot whose head you made bang on the table and moron whose thumb had beer on it as you walked out of the bar. That's the revenge! 'The Momo's Revenge' is what I like to call this joke." -Justin
- Sky Five was seen in the Scam School episode Brian performs Live at Stubb's Bar-B-Q at SXSW!.
- This episode of Scam School references a world record for stuffing napkins in a mouth which was set at SXSW in 2011 and featured in TWiT Specials #69.
- "Synergy" and "Grabrubarf" are, of course, references to the NSFW episode "Synergy".
- Momo's was the name of the bar where TWiT did their live shows at SXSW in 2011. Although Justin referred to this as "The Momo's Revenge", he may have meant to refer to The Highball instead. The Highball is where Brian met up with Justin and Andrew in TWiT Specials #69 and set the world record for stuffing napkins in his mouth.
- Filmed at Bar 355
"The Indestructable Dollar"
|Stuff It, Brian!
"Read FIVE MINDS at Once!"