Petition To keep JRYpedia:
- Everyone except kuhan
Items of interest
I feel like we need to change up the Items of Interest section, but I don't know to what yet. People / catch phrases / inside jokes are all covered at the top, so they seem redundant (especially since we now have a column dedicated to people of interest right next to it). It's clearly not vitally necessary to change, but doing so could be beneficial. -- Gatowag 03:03, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
I have always thought about including a section/link for newbies to learn about what the BBpedia/podcasts are all about. Not really sure what it would look like or what would be in it though. Also I kept Main page redesign around so feel free to mess around with that page to test out new ideas if you want. -- Leon 21:44, 6 May 2012 (PDT)
Fighting spam, part deux
There was a forum thread before about it, and really getting bored of fighting spam. The last idea I mentioned in the thread was installing extension to ask captcha for registration, editing and all. Any updates on that?
(Btw don't use anything other than QuestyCaptcha or Asirra, because all others are ineffective at this point (including recaptcha)) --t2t2 05:47, 21 May 2012 (PDT)
- Ninjaedit: Just noticed recaptcha is used on registration right now, see point above I made how it isn't really effective. --t2t2 05:49, 21 May 2012 (PDT)
- So... Suggestions? --PDelahanty 08:51, 22 May 2012 (PDT)
- Either Asirra CAPTCHA (you need to click on cats to get past) or QuestyCaptcha (have to answer a question correctly, make it BBpedia/NSFW meme related and you've got a highly effective system) --t2t2 11:58, 22 May 2012 (PDT)
- Unpopular opinion: It seems that 95% of the changelog is just deleting spam/locking down spam accounts. With anyone who's seriously invested in contributing to the BBPedia has long since registered, do we really need to leave new user registration open anymore? It's not like we can't add new users manually (anyone who's interested can just PM one of the admins in the chat room during the live show, or get a hold of 'em via Twitter or something). --Yoshi Ayarane 11:43, 28 May 2012 (PDT)
- Not wholly unpopular, I posed a similar solution some time ago on Twitter but I feel it's not my place to change things so fundamental to the wiki (and wouldn't know how to either way). We do occasionally have a newly registered user who contributes something legitimate, but these instances are vastly sparse. As long as registration isn't too cumbersome for legitimate users I'm in favor of anything that provides better results. -- Gatowag 23:03, 28 May 2012 (CST)
- So... Suggestions? --PDelahanty 08:51, 22 May 2012 (PDT)
Podcast section needs updating
Information for the podcast section needs updating the last episode for Weird Things is listed as Baffling, Boy-Swallowing Holes. However, Andrew, Brian and Justin have released several episodes since then the most recent being Off the Shoulder of Orion. In addition, in the Older Shows section the information for Online Ethicist and Who's the Boss is swapped, Who's the Boss also shouldn't be in the Older Shows section it is on hiatus until after the release of this year's Doctor Who Christmas Special, at which point Justin and Ashley will record the last episode until next season. --Atthewritersdesk 10:45, 14 December 2014 (EST)
Can we please have a page of live audio-video streaming URLS for TuneIn, VLC, Winamp users? JamesBond (talk) 11:11, 2 January 2016 (PST)
Too Many Podcasts
Okay, I think we're at the point where there's too many podcasts on the home page. We've got 12 active ones and 12 old ones. (Also, with the current formatting of 5 across, having 12 looks WEIRD! Boo! Maybe I'll change that to 3 rows of 4...at least for now.)
The easy solution is that perhaps it's time to cut back on the older shows. Maybe only list the newest 5? I mean, does BBOTR need to be listed? It pre-dates Diamond Club and hasn't had a new episode in almost 9 years. DIAF is going on 5 years (although it would be fun to have them read a new fanfic and publish more). ...and yes, this means we would need to cancel Game On...again. Newest 5 would currently give us: Good Enough, Jurymore, Who's The Boss, NSFW, and Mayniac (which only had 5 episodes anyway...so maybe we should have Framerate (next in line) take that spot?)
--PDelahanty (talk) 11:52, 3 July 2016 (PDT)
- Suggestion: 3x4 for current shows, then convert retired shows section to a text based list? No album art for the latter. Sunbun (talk) 12:26, 3 July 2016 (PDT)
A Tribute to Leon
Add your thanks / tributes / remembrances to Leon on this page. Leon, thank you for your many efforts on behalf of DCTV!
BadWeave: I'll start...Leon, I'm a recent noob to DCTV but a long-time NA viewer. Thank you for your dedication to updating and maintaining the DCTVpedia and giving n0obs like me a way to appreciate the history of NA and other DCTV content!
user:gavinr: thanks a lot leon!! so much work over the years. we really appreciate it and sorry to see you go.
Monday music news replacement
Show is no longer being produced and is i believe to be on permanent hiatus.
Sugested front replacement Unfriend Me, a Justin Robert Young & Scott_Johnson joint adventure currently active.
Also can I get elevated privileges on here so i dont have to double submit everything due to captcha link verification ?--Joatmon (talk) 03:11, 17 January 2018 (PST)
Thank you Horseboy & Leon and Pdelahanty ! ( and welcome back to the wiki hole leon ! )
Front page edit made: replaced MMN win Unfriend me ..
did you all ever come up with a definite solution for the to many podcasts issue ? text only no art for older shows like sunbun mentioned ?
and do we really need the line " new episode every Xday " at the bottom of every show ( for horizontal space saving ) ? --Joatmon (talk) 04:14, 18 January 2018 (PST)