Dragon*Con: Con of a Dragon 2: Double Complete Dragon
|Dragon*Con: Con of a Dragon 2: Double Complete Dragon|
|Broadcast Date||September 4, 2011|
|Hosts||Brian Brushwood, Justin Robert Young|
|Guests||George Hrab, Tom Merritt, Veronica Belmont, Scott Sigler, Kyle Hebert, Mike McFarland|
The boys are back in Atlanta for their second ever live show at Dragon*Con. Veronica Belmont returns, but this time she is joined by Tom Merritt and a slew of guests including George Hrab, Scott Sigler, Kyle Hebert, Mike McFarland and the unexpected return of a world famous musician!
Instead of an opening video, George Hrab came and performed his song "Brains, Body, Both".
Dragon*Con Cosplay Thunderdome
Just like last year, costumed contestants are chosen and the hosts have to argue which character is the best.
- Brian: Red Skull (Red Skelton)
- Justin: Link
- Tom: Chell (Brittany Doran)/Wheatley
- Veronica: Hawk (Bill Doran)
- Round 1: Red Skull vs Chell/Wheatley
- Brian (Red Skull) - Captain America was an awesome movie, plus watch Red Skull can dance.
- Tom (Chell/Wheatley) - Portal 2 is the best game so far this year, the costume is great from top to bottom, and Wheatley is just the cherry on top.
- Crowd's choice- Red Skull
- Round 2: Link vs. Hawke (Dragon Age)
- Veronica (Hawke)- He can destroy anything, he doesn't even need an Ocarina of Time. Plus he is cross-platform!
- Justin (Link)- He is a proven winner and can ride a horse.
- Crowd's choice- Link
- Round 3: Red Skull vs. Link-- DANCE OFF
- Crowd's choice- Red Skull
Winner: Red Skull
Go to Squarespace.com and use the offer code "NSFW9" for a 14-day free trial.
Dragon*Con Dream Date
This is a game that in no way resembles a popular game show created by Chuck Barris. The Dragonette, Veronica, is blindfolded and she has to ask questions to the bachelors and then choose which one she likes best.
Question 1) If you could participate in Star Wars cosplay with me, what would we be?
1: Emperor Palpitine (crotchless) and she could be Princess Leia
2: Sarlac Pit
3.1: Boba Fett
3.2: R5D4, she could be Salacious Crumb
Question 2) Meatloaf says he would do anything for love but won't do "that". What is "that"?
2: The thing that he won't do is listen to Meatloaf.
3.1: Won't do dishes or windows.
1: He won't do the Dragonette's sister
Question 3) If you had the chance to take her to any sci-fi/fantasy locale to make whoopie, where would you take me? (Note: Veronica mis-pronounced "TARDIS". This did not go over well with anybody...)
3.1: The volcano world from Revenge of the Sith
3.2: The set of THX 1138
1: The garbage pit in the Death Star
2: They would go to where the Hobbits live- The "Sheer" (This was in response to Veronica's mispronunciation of "TARDIS".)
- WINNER: Dragon #2- George Hrab
Summer Music Series
George Hrab is back again to play his cover of Under Pressure.
You can find more about him at GeologicRecords.net.
In a surprising move, Old John Smokey showed up at the last minute to perform his world famous spoons, unfortunately they had a hard-out and had to stop his performance after a few seconds. After being bumped for the second time, Old John Smokey was furious and had to be removed from the stage by the Horseboy Security Taskforce.
New Champion! Woo!
- Dragon*Con wins for having such an awesome panel on its schedule!
- Tom: "BOOOOOOO. Boo this crowd!"
- Justin: "I like how in this audience, 'cross-platform' is a cutting insult. It's almost like calling my mom the c-word."
- Brian: "Yeah, that's a Double Complete Rainbow, all the way... into my daughter's back, which you somehow made sexual. Why don't you go die in a fire?"
- Veronica: "Aaaahh FUCK ME!"
- They were scheduled for 8:30 pm but audio technical difficulties with noise and clipping on the audio delayed the show until about 9.
- The live stream performed surprisingly well. The video quality was great and did not drop out at all. The final podcast consisted of both the LiveU and Brian's local recording.
- Because Justin didn't have his soundboard with him, he (and Tom) instead spoke the sound effects/quotes (Zelda item get, Boo This Man!, etc.)
- Brian's triad of profanities during the setup of Dragon Dream Date was bleeped out by the Special Report roar. For some reason, another Wheatley flashed onscreen during the censor.
- Kyle Hebert used a fake and intentionally-bad British accent, presumably to obscure himself.
- In the podcast version there is no tease or opening title read. Justin's billboard reads were reused from previous episodes.
- The opening of the podcast says Netflix is a sponsor. In the episode, they credit Squarespace as a sponsor.
- The podcast version also dubs in the GetSetGo-made ending theme (and TWiT Brickhouse footage of Tony watching the stream) at the end of the episode.
- Patrick Delahanty operated the LiveU camera until the chocolate whipped cream came out. At that point, he went backstage to check on Horseboy while cowgirlcurtis took over the camera.
- The episode was rebroadcast in NSFW's normal Tuesday timeslot with introduction and epilogue by Justin and Brian. Brian also offered some comments in the chat while the episode played. The "director's cut" was posted to YouTube the following day.
No new Adobeshops.
Links & Downloads
"Cancer with Benefits"
|Dragon*Con: Con of a Dragon 2: Double Complete Dragon
"The Fairly Odd Pirates"